Speaking + Media
I have over a decade of experience with individual and group experiences and the interactive nature of what I do engages audiences in a unique and transformative way. Common reflections interviewers often give after speaking to me is “Wow, I feel like I got a therapy session” and “that was one of my favorite conversations to date.” When people are exposed to my work, they get a taste of what it’s like to reclaim their agency and their energy. And that’s impactful.
Topics I love to teach about
Fortitude & Flow®
We’ve been conditioned to see and fix, see and react, and see and perfect it. This habitual way of functioning creates chronic stress loops in our bodies as individuals and in our collective experience. It’s time to try a radically different approach, one that embraces and celebrates imperfection.
- Step 1: Notice – What do you know? Gather information through The Noticing Practice.
- Step 2: Discern – What’s yours? Address what is yours to address, let go of what isn’t yours, and allow others to exercise their own sovereignty.
- Step 3: Act – What’s the action? Taking small, doable, and sustainable steps relieves pressure and gently retrains survival mechanisms.
- Step 4: Integrate – Who are you now? Allowing your capacity and any change that has become a new habit to settle in instead of rushing to the next thing is revolutionary.
You’re Not Perfect – And Let’s Talk About How to Deal With That
Perfectionism is a survival tactic. It disconnects you from your body and tells you the key to your happiness is outside of you. That’s the opposite of the truth. Perfectionism may have gotten you where you are, but it’s not going to get you where you want to go. Let’s talk about that.
- Perfectionism orientation puts you in touch with the socially constructed world outside of you, and disconnects you from your own unique Operating System.
- Understanding the difference between Social Systems and your Operating System puts you at choice.
- Reconnecting to your Operating System through the Fortitude & Flow® Process puts you back in control.
- Reducing urgency, slowing down, and understanding priority shifts paradigms.
Perfectionist Deep Dive: Ditch the Drama
The truth can be scary as hell. And sometimes the things that scare us are often mundane. But our bodies react as if we’re being chased by a tiger. You KNOW the project is important or you KNOW the deadline is looming…but it doesn’t stop you from doing the tasks that don’t matter or saying “I’ll do it tomorrow.” Again. Let’s dive right into what you can do instead to keep forward movement and progress in your personal and professional life. This deep dive will explore the pendulum swing from overwhelm to avoidance, the drama it creates, and what it looks like to break that cycle.
- Learn why you experience the 3 big blocks – procrastination, resistance, and avoidance.
- Understand why you’re more comfortable avoiding making hard decisions than actually deciding.
- Learn what overwhelm, being a workaholic, and blowing up relationships has to do with discomfort
Renew: Build Resilience in Four Imperfect Yet Sustainable Steps
Difficult circumstances and challenges affect everyone in different ways. What makes the difference between creating resilience versus experiencing further stress and burnout from facing adversity? The ability to shift our values away from status quo functioning. Slow down, notice, discern, and integrate.
- Slowing down and moving at the pace of the body allows you to make conscious and informed decisions.
- Learn about the Perfectionist Two Step
- Discerning past from present, what’s yours from others, and what actually matters reduces the stress load.
- Integration, rest, and resourcing creates lasting change.
Want to book me?
I love talking and teaching about transforming perfectionism and burnout through the Fortitude & Flow® process. I’m available for virtual and in-person speaking engagements, workshops, and interviews. Please fill out the form below with your information and I look forward to connecting with you. Scroll down for more information and examples of my work.
select Podcast interviews
Voice(is) with Julie Fogh and Casey Erin Clark
Perfectionism is a survival mechanism…but what got you here, won’t get you there.
Perfectionism isn’t just limited to the people who seem “perfect”. It’s an internal experience of trying to prove yourself as worthy in a world that benefits from keeping that knowledge from you, deeply rooted in Patriarchy and Capitalism.
Individualism is counter to how we are built as humans. We are designed to work collectively, and collective resilience is more powerful than individual resilience.
Getting out of perfectionism is not about mindset or manifesting. It’s about getting out of your head and into your perception.
Your perception is in your body. Your body not an afterthought to the brain! It’s a whole system of perceiving and functioning in the world that actually informs the brain.
Noticing is the first and most important step.
Click here to tune in.
Disrupting Balance with Hanifa Barnes
“If you want real strategies on mindfulness and creating predictability during Covid-19, then you have to listen to Audrey’s story! She has always blazed her own path even when she appeared to be the ‘odd woman’ out! Don’t believe me? Listen to hear about her tattoos that required a 3-hour sitting and her book that was nine years in the making!
But there is so much more! Tune in to learn about her journey to self-care and embracing her realization that balance is a moving target that requires constant adjustment.” Click here to tune in.
The Brave Files with Heather Vickery
“Through a life of trial and error, she has learned to make brave decisions and pivot when life’s plans start to fall apart. Fortitude, defined as courage in pain or adversity, is certainly what Audrey is all about.
Audrey explains how her journey through career changes was full of ‘brave making’ moments. These moments, she suggests, are often found in failure. Remarkably, they can often be overcome with the support of community and through the collective sense of safety. This is a priceless bit of knowledge to possess right now, as we all redefine what community and support look like! This episode also offers listeners tips on facing fear and serving others while finding ourselves.” Click here to tune in.
Going There with Jen Vertanen
“ALL of us have experienced burnout at one time or another but society has told us to keep going, produce more, be FINE when we are in fact, not very fine at all. In this episode, Audrey shares warning signs that burnout is either nipping at your heals or full on wreaking havoc on your nervous system AND ways to help you through the burnout.
Don’t think you have burnout? I dare you to listen in and learn how burnout may be showing up in your life in sneaky ways. Are you ready to go there?” Click here to tune in.
Click a headshot below to download a high resolution version.
Click here to download a one page media sheet.